Congratulations to our Bella Company dancers! They rocked the stage this weekend at Headliners, and I couldn’t be more proud of these phenomenal young ladies!
Allison Slamann was chosen by the judges to compete for Teen Miss Headliner at Nationals in July, and Alyssa Schilke was chosen to compete for Junior Miss Headliner! (Both dancers received Elite Golds on their solos)
The judges also handed out 6 specialty awards to Bella Via:
1. “Call Your Girlfriend” (large group contemporary) received the “Great use of a Prop” award
2. “Now We’re Here” (Mini small group hip hop) received the “Swag” award
3. “Dear Future Husband” (Mini large group jazz) received the “Stand Out Performance” award
4. “My Boyfriend’s Back (Tallyn Kubicki and Mallory Wang jazz) received the “Dynamic Duo” award
5. “To Build a Home” (Maddie Westreich contemporary) received the “Emotional Content” award
6. “Run, Run, Run” (Lexi Westreich jazz) received the “Way to take the Stage” award
Our small group contemporary to “Ghosts” received an Elite Gold and took 2nd place overall! Our two group jazz dances, “Somebody Loves You” and “BO$$,” took 4th and 5th.
In junior large groups “Call Your Girlfriend” took 2nd, and “Get Hype” (hip hop) took 4th.
In Mini large groups, Bella Via took 1st for “Dear Future Husband” and had two dances tie for 2nd: “Yellow” (lyrical) and “Now We’re Here” (hip hop)
We had 5 dancers place in the top ten junior soloists: Kaitlyn Miller 10th, Ally Wang 7th, Lexie Westreich 6th, Claudia Sullivan 4th, and Alyssa Schilke 1st.
We had 3 dancers place in the top ten teen soloists: Maddie Westreich 9th, Elsa Hinke 5th, and Allison Slamann 2nd
Ellie Westreich took 3rd place in the petite soloist category.
Two of our duets, “Long Drive” (performed by Ashlei Schaefer and Claudia Sullivan) and “Not About Angels” (performed by Allison Slamann and Elsa Hinke) took 2nd in their respective age groups.
Finally, Alyssa Schilke took the overall highest score for dances age 12 and under in the entire competition (this included solos, duos, trios, and all group dances).
Great job and hats off to such hard work, great performance, and wonderful technical execution!