- Tuition is due twice per dance season, September 11th and January 15th. (Payment plans may be individualized, dependent upon circumstances.)
- All payments are NONREFUNDABLE.
- A one-time registration fee of $20 will be charged for each new student.
- Bella Via Dance Studio will not offer prorated tuition for student absences. Students will not be allowed to make up absences in a similar class.
*In cases of long-term injury or serious illness, upon consent of the faculty, students may make up in a similar class or credit may be appointed to the student’s account for future tuition.
- All payments must be made by the appointed time for the student to be allowed to participate in class and recital. Balances 30 days overdue will be charged a 5% late fee, and the student will not be permitted to attend class until proper payment is received.
- Bounced checks will be charged a penalty fee of $25.
- If a student will be dropping a class, emailed written notice must be sent to the office staff 30 days prior to departure.
- If a class is at capacity with a waitlist and a student choses to drop, credit will not be given to the account.
- Tuition listed below is per-individual student, and is charged twice during the recital season at the beginning of each semester. As the number of classes increases per week, the cost of tuition decreases by $o.50 per hour.
30min. $145.00 45min. $200.09 1 hour per week
1.5 hours per week
2 hours per week
2.5 hours per week
3 hours per week
3.5 hours per week
4 hours per week
4.5 hours per week
5 hours per week
5.5 hours per week
6 or more hours per week
- Private lessons may be set up with a teacher of the student’s choosing. The rate for private lessons is $65 per hour. The office or teacher must be notified 6 hrs. prior to the scheduled lesson time if a student needs to cancel. If cancellation occurs less than 6hrs. before the start of the lesson, 50% of the private lesson fee will be charged.
- A costume fee of $55+tax will be charged for each student participating in the May Recital for ages 6 and under. (This is per dance that the student performs.)
- A costume fee of $65+tax will be charged for each student participating in the May Recital for ages 7 and up. (This is per dance that the student performs.)
- A costume fee of $75+tax will be charged for each student performing in the Pre-Pointe or Pointe dance at the recital
- Costume refunds will only be given with written notice prior to December 31st. After January 1st costume refunds will not be issued.
- Costume fees will be collected in 2 installments:
- October 1st – 1st half
- November 1st – 2nd half
- December – recital costumes are ordered (we will not order costumes for dancers who have an outstanding balance; this may prevent their participation in the recital)
- We encourage students to study as many different disciplines within the realm of dance as inspires them. We strive to create well-rounded, confident dancers who are able to adapt to any kind of situation and environment.
- Dancers should be in the studio and partially warmed up by the start of class. The hallway may be used as a warm-up area while dancers wait for their class to begin.
- All teachers will be addressed as “Miss (insert teacher’s first name)” or “Mr. (insert teacher’s name)”.
- Everyone is placed in a class that the faculty determines based on the student’s technique, ability to retain and apply corrections, the skills they have mastered, attendance, performance, age and maturity. This ensures that the classes run efficiently and students are getting the most out of their education at Bella Via.
- As the academic year progresses, students may be asked to change levels if the teacher feels they will be unable to reach their full physical potential in the class assigned.
- Please refrain from gossip in the studio hallways… if there is an issue that needs to be addressed, please bring it to the attention of the desk staff, and they will be sure to pass the information along to the person or persons who can correct the problem.
- If a student will be absent from class, please notify the teacher ahead of time by calling the studio. (Desk staff will make a note, or please leave a message if no one answers.)
- Students will not be allowed to make up absences that are not specifically noted on the Bella Via policies page.
General Dance Attire Rules
- Proper dance attire is enforced for the safety of the dancer. Improper attire can lead to injury and lack of technical improvement or progression. The teacher must be able to easily see the dancer’s alignment and placement to give the personal corrections needed for each individual student’s advancement.
- Hair must be pulled back and out of the dancer’s eyes for ALL classes. A bun is preferable for ballet classes.
- Tights MUST be worn with leotards and shorts…no exceptions.
- Consequences will be administered by the teacher for students who fail to comply with the dress code. (This may include sitting out, writing down combinations, extra push-ups or sit-ups, etc.) If improper attire becomes a recurring problem, the parents will be notified and more severe actions may be taken.
- Warm-ups are allowed for the first 15 minutes of class. In the winter we encourage students to come wearing warm-ups to prevent injury.
- Baby Bellas: Light pink leotard; white tights; white ballet shoes
- Twinkle Tots: Light pink leotard; white tights; white ballet shoes and black tap shoes
- Ballet, Jazz, and Tap 6 & 7yrs.: Light pink leotard; white tights; white ballet shoes; black tap shoes (jazz shoes are not required for this age group and level)
- Ballet Levels D-A: Black leotard; pink tights; and pink ballet shoes. Black ballet skirts and shorts are also allowed.
- Jazz and Tap Levels D-A: Black leotard; pink, black, or nude tights; form fitting dance pants and dance shorts are also allowed; tan jazz and tap shoes (although black is fine up until recital)
- Teen Ballet: any solid colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes
- Modern: Black leotard, nude/pink/black convertible tights, black dance shorts or pants, bare-feet or foot undies
- Hip-Hop: Clothing the dancers are able to move easily in and feel funky in (no jeans or skirts); clean sneakers should be worn as long as they are used in class ONLY and have not been worn outside (a popular brand for Hip Hop shoes are DCs)
- Pointe: a solid colored leotard, pink tights, pink pointe shoes
- Bella Via Dance Studio is not responsible for inclement weather. Should a class be closed MORE THAN TWICE due to weather, only then will students be allowed to make up the time lost in another technique class at the discretion of the teacher. Students must sign up for this at the front desk ahead of time.
- Bella Via will generally follow the Mequon-Thiensville school district weather cancellations. However (since this is Wisconsin) the weather can change dramatically from morning to night. This may cause the studio to cancel evening classes despite the schools remaining open. This action will be taken before 3pm on week days for evening classes; and before 8:30am for morning and weekend classes.
- For cancellations, please visit the Bella Via home page and view the Blog posts, or Fox 6 on your television. An announcement will also be made on our Facebook page.