Safer Studio Summer Plan for August!!!
Welcome to the Company Intensive at Bella Via Dance Studio!
We are SO excited to host you for this summer program and have prepared the following information to help you have a happy, healthy, and safe return to classes.
Please review before your first class for the smoothest transition back to classes. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Bella Via is a Safer Studio™
- Bella Via follows the More Than Just Great Dancing!® Safer Studio Guidelines which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
- Wellness checks for staff
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices
- Curricular and facility adjustments
- Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications.
- Please see below for the specific way Bella Via is applying these guidelines for the Summer Session.
Wellness Checks for Staff
- All teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19.
- All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Everyone will be required to sanitize as they enter the building, enter the individual studio, exit the studio, and exit the building. Sanitizing stations will be located at all entrances and exits for everyone’s convenience.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures, high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
- All classes will be reduced to Semi-Private Small Group lessons for the summer session. Class sizes have been modified to reflect a more than 6-foot social distancing pattern and floors will have markers to help students maintain boundaries as much as possible.
- All classes have staggered start/end times, so only one class at a time will be entering or exiting the facility.
- Students will not be allowed to stay in the building if they have a break between classes… if the break isn’t long this would be a great opportunity for parents to bring their dancer a snack that they can have in the car while they wait for their next class to begin.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
- All lobby, waiting, and common areas will be closed. (parents will drop off and pick up outside the main entrance to the facility)
- Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Dancers will arrive at the studio in their proper dance attire. Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Dressing rooms will be closed. Bathrooms will be available for emergency use only, but NOT for changing clothes. (We recommend/encourage dancers to use the restroom at home before coming to class.)
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom. Barres will not be used for this session.
- Classes will end/wrap up 5 minutes early to accommodate for the gathering of belongings and escorting students from class, as well as extra disinfecting and sanitizing of the studio before the next class arrives.
Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication
- We are offering Distance Learning class options for this session. Please reach out to our staff via email for more information and to register for this option.
- Please visit our website and our Facebook Page where you will find a stop and go light icon that clearly indicates the status of classes: Green indicates it is safe to attend face-to-face classes. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service delivery. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
Arrival & Departure
- Students will wait outside the building before their class begins. A teacher or staff member will greet students at the front door and escort them to class.
- Parents will be asked to wait outside for kids to be released. The teacher will escort dancers to the main door. At the end of class, parents must be by the door to receive their child. Students cannot walk across the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons
- We ask that all parents arrive a minimum of 5 minutes before the class ends to pick up your dancer; we will not be able to accommodate late pickups during this short session.
- We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned after every use.
- Our employees will be wearing masks.
- All students, staff and patrons MUST wear masks throughout the facility and during classes.
Welcome to our first ever Summer Company Intensive at Bella Via! We look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask <3.